Thursday, July 22, 2010

Our "Stay"cation

Chris was off for 2 weeks this summer. We hummed and haaed about where we were going to vacation, and we finally decided to stay around town. I had to teach science camp on the Wednesdays and needed to be home for that, so we decided to have a "stay" cation!

It all began on June 28th where we headed up to Bear Lake for the weekend. See previous post.

The first day home was spent cleaning out the storage room. It needed some serious reorganization and Chris does a marvelous job at such tasks.
We went to a drive-in movie with the Barbers. We watched Toy Story 2 and then moved the car to watch Eclipse. It is such a fabulous deal to get to watch 2 movies. The kids enjoyed eating lots of candy and falling asleep in the back of the truck. Several other times during the vacation we watched movies late into the night. We went for snow cones. Chris watched countless episodes of The Office.


We headed to "Where Fun is!" Where else? but Lagoon! I had taught at a science camp and earned $500. That was going to be our vacation money, so we splurged and bought season passes to Lagoon. My friend Mindy was able to get us the pre-season price (Thanks Mindy). We went on kiddie rides and Carter braved the roller coaster once. He has since refused to ride any big kid rides because it scared him so much. We went a few different times, the kids liked "goon." Our favorite time was when Chris and I went without the kids and got to ride Wicked, Colussus, The Cliffhanger,, The Bat, among other adult rides. We didn't even think about riding any kid rides.











Lagoon-a-Beach was yet another day of our vacation. We went as soon as it opened as to miss standing in lines with your bathing suit (not my idea of fun!). The little kids loved the kid area and Carter and I loved the tube rides.











We did yard work on our "stay"cation. We welcomed a new hammock (gently used from the Coombs) and the kids had a blast playing on it. If our allergies weren't so bad, we may have consented to have a sleepover outside. Chris got the shed cleaned out and organized, finally fertilized our lawn.



Our 5th of July activity was heading to Pine View to meet up with the Coombs for some great boating and beach combing. The kids love to play on the beach, and we loved to waterski and tube. Chris and I were both pleasantly surprised that we could still ski. We invited the Barbers to come with us, and we all had a great time!






Chris and I redid our room one day. We had got a new bedspread, and wanted walls to match. One wall is "lime leaf" while the others are "lime sparkle." It turned out really pretty, the picture doesn't do it justice. It's very relaxing.
We had a great time with Chris being home. The kids wanted Dad over Mom 9 times out of 10. Especially Kimball. I think the whole time I heard, No, Dad do it." more than a million times. I was sure that he would have a fit when Chris had to go back to work, but he did ok. I think he just knew he was having special time and wanted to soak in every minute.
I especially had fun having him home. We had some good laughs and some very relaxing moments. It really strengthened our marriage. I hated him to go back to work, but we sure appreciate his hard work. We're so glad he has a job he enjoys. We're also thankful that his schedule is a little more flexible.
Thanks for the great "stay"cation!

3 comments:

Emilee said...

I enjoyed looking at your cute pictures. You guys sure had a fun time!

West said...

We want to come visit you on your next stay-cation.
Lets do a drive in- we will drive up

The Hatch Batch said...

I want a two week stay cation!! Good for you and your cute famiy! Looks like you had lots of fun:)