I started having regular contraction at about 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 31st. I was almost 38 weeks along. We headed up to my mom's to drop off the kids. They were just so excited to be having a "sleepover" with Grandma and Grandpa. I'm so thankful that my parents were willing to take the kids. Every night for the past month, my mom has called to check on me and tell me that if I needed her in the night she would come out. It's so wonderful to have such a supportive mom. I think she was as anxious as to when she was coming as Chris and I were!My labor continued through the night. I had wanted to try to have a "natural" birth without any drugs. It was THE hardest thing I have ever done. The last hour and 1/2 was by far the most painful time of my life. Dr. Alejo came in about 6:15 a.m. to break my water. After that, the pains increased in time and strength. Camille was born at 7:36 a.m. on Wednesday, June 1st.

We had lots of visitors the next few days. Carter, Kathryn, and Kimball, Grandma Kathleen, Grandpa Boz, Grandma Janice, Grandpa Doug, Grandma Susie, Grandpa Kim, Josh, Jodee, Mindy, Joann, Toni, Emilee, and Richard. We are so blessed to have such a supportive family.



My FAVORITE part of the experience was being together with our whole family. The kids loved being a Big brother and sister.


When the kids and Chris were leaving me for the 2nd night, Carter drew me these pictures, "so I could remember them and not be lonely." I asked, "Where's Millie?" He said, "She'll be with you, so you won't need to remember her." Pretty sweet!

12 comments:
What a sweet baby! Loved reading about it all. Your kids are too cute!
What a great addition to an already amazing family!! She's gorgeous - Congrats!
oh my word, what a DOLL!!! cutest little girl!! YOU ARE SUPERWOMAN!!!!!!! NATURAL BIRTHER!!! Sorry it was a hard experience for you, but YOU DID IT!!!! LOVE your story. Adorable family as always!
xoxo. jackie
My favorite pics are the one from the side looking in on Millie and the one of you holding her! You look amazing. Too good to have just gone through an 11 hour natural birth!!!
I wanna picture with this lovely little angel that is here!! Oh what fun you are going to have.....Hope to see you this summer. love you!
She is so beautiful! Congrats on your new bundle of joy.
well shoot! THanks Chris for texting me a photo mr. techno with the iphone. I would have come to visit! She is beautiful guys. Look forward to meeting her in person.
What a beautiful family!! Millie fits right in! Congratulations and all the best from the Brooks fam!
Millie is such a beautiful baby! I need to come and see her again soon. I hope you have had a fun time hanging out with your kids and Chris. Carter is so cute to draw those pictures for you.
Oh my goodness. She is so adorable! You are awesome! I have a sister named Camille that we call Millie! That is so cute. Thanks for bringing over the dvd. I really meant to come by and get it, but sadly you beat me to it. Thanks again, I really appreciat it. You are the best!!
Hi Mary Jane! This is Mandy Harward. I just came across your blog & loved reading this cute story about your baby! I also had my 4th baby when my oldest was just in kindergarten. Its crazy. I have 5 now & my last one was also natural so I love to read another sista's experience in that department! SO impressive- good job!
Anyway- it was great to sneak a peak at your family & your life. I haven't seen you for so long! Congrats on the new addition. She is so beautiful!!!
Post a Comment