5 - times Kimball woke up in the middle of the night. I just give up and nurse him so we can both be back to sleep soon. Question: How do you get a little bundle of joy out of your bed?
80 - Lunges done this morning at 6:30 a.m. I joined a little competition at my gym (Biggest Loser sort of a thing). My team's personal training gave us a little routine to do. Today was lunges day. I hate lunges. I can't seem to get that 90 degree angle she was talking about and when I hit #16 out of 80 my legs started to shake and give way. Needless to say walking down the stairs today was a scary act. Question: Once you start strength training, when do your muscles stop hurting? I have been sore every day since I began this routine...just in different places. 5 - kids playing at my house. Mondays are my day that I tend my nephew Dean. Also Mindy (my cousin) came up with Julianna. Quite the experience to see the cousins together...missing Blaise and Aspen! Kathryn only pushed Julianna 3 times (that we witnessed). Question: Any advice on a little girl that is turning into a little bully? She's pushing little kids and I heard she was quite mean about the toys in nursery!
8 - baskets or sacks full of clothes I'm trying to go through, scattered all over my house. My sweet, sweet neighbor brought me hand-me-down clothes for my kids. SO THANKFUL! But thus came the job of sorting all the clothes in the closets. Putting away summer clothes (summer is over isn't it?) deciding what to save, what to give away, what might fit next year, what is ruined, etc. I also pulled out my 3 tubs of clothing...including the "skinny" clothes box. Yes, I dared do it! I was so excited when I put on a skirt that I wore on our honeymoon and zipped up over my butt. I guess those 80 lunges will be worth it eventually? Question: How do you mange the clothes? Any tricks to keep things organized? Do you save stuff and if so how do you know what you have?
6 - bottles of Orange paint that Carter brought up from the scrapbook room. 4 hands and 2 faces that were smeared with paint!
10 - minutes I was prepared to let Kimball cry himself to sleep. 2 - minutes and he was out! I guess he was tired!
5 - messages on my answering machine. I really need to call people back...if I owe you a phone call I'm sorry. Question: How do you talk on the phone without having your house torn apart while chatting?
7:46 - the time Chris finally got home to save the day! 6 - the number of checking accounts he opened. If you want $75 in groceries, go open an account at US Bank. He is in a competition for the most new checking accounts and they give you the money in a Smith's gift card.
$59 - money I spent at Wal-Mart. 1 - day till payday! Enough said!
Countless - smiles, laughs, sighs, and thrills of being the mother of my darlings.
7 comments:
Congrats on the skinny clothes! And good questions. I'll be checking back to see if there are smart people with answers. You're such a good mom. Tell Mt. View hi (if anybody cares. ha ha).
Cute. 19, # of days till Carters party and we get to see you! (I hope). Good job on the workouts, you are very committed to be getting up that early to work out. As for Kimball, all you need to do is put him in his own bed and let him cry, it should only take like 3 nights - it's tough but worth it. As far as the talking on the phone thing - you just realize your house will NEVER be clean when your kids are awake so once you realize that you can talk all you want! love ya
take time to talk to girlfriends-I'd die without mine. You are awesome to be that busy and still be sane.
Loved this blog! Sounds much like my days! Good to know I'm not the only one who feels like their going crazy! Good job on the skinny clothes, mine are in the back of the closest-still holding out hope!
I love to check out your blog from time to time. :) As far as the clothes question I have had the same dilemma! I think the best way so far is to get the plastic storage bins and label them 0-3 months, 3-6...etc. Then they are at least somewhat organized for the next year. It seems that I go through the girl's drawers at least every 3 months to see what they have ruined, grown out of, or whatever else! :) Your little ones are so darling. What an amazing person you are!
Brooke Kamalu
P.S Do you remember Jesika from BBY? She was like Miss Jr. America or something the first year I was a counselor..the dancer, long brown hair....anyway, I was looking at a friend's blog the other day and realized that she married someone I went to high school with. Really RANDOM. I wonder how they met...anyway..Sorry this is a novel I am writing here...Tell Kelly I say Hi.
Cute post. I should have joined the biggest loser thing with you. I have not seen you there for some time. How do you know Cathy Phillips. She use to live in my hood.
I love this post. Isn't it amazing what us MOM's can do?
Post a Comment