Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fun with 6 kids!

My sweet, unselfish, always giving mother has been so sick this summer. It all came to a head on Sunday when she was in such intense pain that my dad took her to the ER. There she found out that she had a ruptured bowel and would need surgery. They did the surgery on Tuesday and have fixed the problem. She is going to have a very long and painful recovery and then they will need to do surgery again in a few months. Any prayers and good thoughts going her way, would be much appreciated!

She was tending my nephews (Dean and Hayes) because my brother is in Alaska on a cruise. I was more than happy to add them to my care. I also had volunteered my nephew Blaise to spend the week with me. My 3 kids + my 3 nephews = a lot of work and fun! Grandma Janice has been here almost every minute helping me take care of all of their needs. She's done all my laundry and washes dishes by hand!

It's been quite the adventure! My friend, Myndee, got us cheep tickets to Lagoon, so I decided to take the kids "where fun is!" I solicited Becky Sampson to be our "nanny" for the day. And we headed for Lagoon. Chris met us in the afternoon. The kids had a lot of fun and it was an enjoyable day for all of us!

Kimball and Hayes - sure love each other!


"The Sleep-over bed" as Kathryn now calls it. When Grandpa Coombs died, they gave us the trundle bed. It has been so nice to have. Kathryn, Blaise, Carter and Dean all sleep in it together. After the giggling and chatter they have slept like rocks!

Lots of little boys! They each found a sword and were having a little battle!Who is excited to go to Lagoon?




Grandma Janice bought the boys matching outfits!




Our family of 8 for the week! :)

3 comments:

Lena Phillips said...

Wow! You go!!
From the way your grandma stopped dead in her tracks and stared at Richard and his motorcycle, I'm betting she doesn't like your temporary neighbors... :)
Good luck with that lot! I'm just next door if you need to run out for a few minutes or anything.

kelli said...

Does that make you want more children! just kidding.
I am sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she recovers soon, and has good medical care.
I would take your pictures for free. I am still learning and need practice. If you are serious about it, drop me a line at kellipacker@hotmail.com
Love,
Kelli

The Behunin Family Story said...

You really are Super Mom! I was up at the school yesterday and it was so wierd not seeing you there. I hope everything goes really well for you preschool. Let me know if you need anything.