Kimball Owen turned TWO this week! We had a "Go Dogs Go!" Birthday party. He loves that book! (The abbreviated version). He reads the book and yells "party" at the end. One day I hope to get him reading the story on video. (Carter loved this book when he was two years old, too. I have a video of him...we'll work on one with Kimball.)
"Go Dogs Go! Go by skates by bike, by foot, run, skip or hike.
Go by scooter, go by skis, bundle up so you don't freeze.
Go by blimp, by boat, by car. Go, dogs go. It's not too far.
Stop dogs Stop. The light is red. Go dogs go. It's green ahead. Go dogs go.
Stop at that tree. Climb the ladder to a...Dog Party!"

The party table. We just had cake and ice cream.

Isn't this the cutest cake? I found the idea from coolest-birthday-cakes.com. and Joann helped me make it. It was delicious and so darling. Joann also make homemade strawberry ice cream. It was yum, yum, yummy!

Grandma Suzy and Papa Kim gave Kimball this awesome rocket. He loved it. His sister loved it too, as you can tell by her enthusiasm.

Kimball got lots and lovely presents. He was true to form of a 2 year old, and was pretty obsessed with his first present, but after the party was over he had so much fun playing with everything. He got really cute new clothes and lots of new toys. Thanks everybody for coming.

Kimball had a hard time blowing out the candle. He would give a little puff...but the candles would just flicker. I guess we need to teach him to put some power behind that puff!
Kimball we love you! We are so happy that you are in our lives. On his birthday we sat around his room and the kids and Chris and I told all the things we love about him. Carter and Kathryn love that he will play with them and Chris and I love his hugs and kisses.
True to our promise...we "lost" the binkies on his birthday. He's only asked for them twice, so hopefully that phase is on its way out! He hasn't quite made it to sleeping in his bed...we'll work on that soon. He's finally starting to talk more and he loves to play outside and "Swing!" When he wants my attention, he screams at the top of his lungs "MOM!" and keeps screaming it until I give him what I want. We love this little boy! Happy Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment