Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bear Lake - Fun, Fun, Fun!

Our annual trip to Bear Lake was lots of fun! Kim and Sueann bought a boat the week before. I don't think I've ever seen Kim and Chris so giddy! Chris and his dad bonded through text messages, KSL ads, and lunch breaks to find a boat before Bear Lake.
Chris and the kids went up on Thursday morning (I had to stay home and teach at Invention Camp...and joined the rest of the family on Friday evening). They boated, and played on the beach, ate good food, and exhausted themselves. Chris had the camera, but didn't take any pictures, so these are from the day I was with them.
Richard and Josh were fearless on the tubes and hot dog. Actually Richard was probably the fearless one, and Josh just easily encouraged.
The kids LOVED, LOVED playing on the beach. I love how hours can be spent on the beach. I hope I never forget how adorable the kids played with their cousins. Emma and Kathryn just love each other and play so nicely. My favorite memory snapshot was Kathryn and Emma dancing in their pink swimsuits on the beach.

Kimball Owen and Daxton Owen are 3 months apart and quite cute little buddies. They played in the sand together and could often be heard giggling. My favorite memory snapshot was them playing some sort of "follow the leader." They were chasing each other, digging, and then throwing the dirt.

We all loved riding in the boat. Chris water skied, the kids all took turns riding the tube and hot dog. On the last boat ride of the weekend, I finally braved the freezing cold water, and attempted the hot dog! It was fun, but boy oh boy it was COLD!



Little Sister was so sick on the vacation. She couldn't make it to the bathroom several times. Chris and I both got some poop on our legs, while holding our sick little girl. We both vowed to be better at monitoring her allergies. She puked right after this picture. Good memories! :) Good times are always had around the campfire. Unfortunately, I was the party pooper of the group and went to bed early. The entire weekend, my eyes were killing me and I was so miserable! The kids loved roasting marshmallows!

And by the end of the weekend...we were all pooped! Exhausted from too much sun and fun!

1 comment:

Astle Family said...

Oh, that sounds like fun, except maybe for the sick part. We miss you and can't wait to see you again.