Tuesday, June 8, 2010

So much fun in St. George!

Over memorial day, the Barbers invited us down to St. George to stay in Justin's parents house. It was such a fun weekend. We really love the Barbers and consider them our very dear friends; We all get along so well. It was spent relaxing, playing games, eating really good food (supposedly the last weekend of unhealthy food), playing, swimming, and such. Chris, Justin, and Joann stayed up every night playing games until the wee hours of morning. (I was engrossed with a book two nights (Fablehaven 4) and fell asleep the others. I did lose miserably on Mexican train and Oh! Heck on night. If you know me, I hate playing games I can't win). Justin's adopted sister was there...Tia...and she was so fun to play with. Check out the following post for a story about her and my children! We had a great time and are so glad that we have such good friends! Thanks Barbers!

Shooting clay pigeons. Justin is a pro at it, Chris hit a couple, I missed several times, Joann - did you even get to shoot the gun?

SEVEN kids under the age of 6! Pretty crazy!


Four wheeling. It was pretty fun to take the kids.


On Monday morning, Justin, Marianne, Allison, Chris, Carter and I Hiked to Lizard Head. It was a pretty challenging hike. Especially with the kids. Good thing we were hiking with the Scout Master and he was prepared with a rope to hike up this narrow opening. Once we got to the top we relished in the accomplishment. The kids were ready to go as soon as we got up there. Walking out on the Head was kinda scary and Chris hesitated until the very end. (Maybe a little scared of heights). Carter was fearless which made me fearful. We all made it back down, hosed off our red shoes, got in our swimming suits, and jumped in the pool. It felt so good after being hot and sweaty!
The view of Bloomington!


Pretty proud of these kiddos!

The kids had so much fun together! Movie nights, playing, exploring, climbing rocks, making messes, playing pretend with all the stuffed animals, singing to the organ, swimming, and being free! They did really good together (for the most part) and the Coombs kids love the Barber kids!
Kimball wanted to get up the rock...just like the other kids. This is as far as he made it!

Throwing rocks into the sunset! Ah! Childhood!



Allison leading the singing group.


On Tuesday, after cleaning up the house, we went to Fiesta Fun. As Marianne said, "It's not just gonna be fun, it's going to be FIESTA fun!" It's a little play area (like Boondocks) and we went on the go-carts and the bumper boats. Carter was tall enough to drive a bumper boat, so he took Kathryn. He drove them right into the waterfall, where Kathryn got drenched! She was a good sport and didn't mind getting wet. (It was 90+ degrees that day!)

After the fun we hopped in the car and headed home. Kimball and Kathryn fell asleep before we were even out of town.



The wet group. I chose not to participate and so willingly stayed on dry land with Rachel who wasn't tall enough! I really didn't want to get wet, I had just done my hair!


Driving the go-carts. Everyone said I was slow, but I was pressing the pedal as far as it would go. Carter did not like being in last place!

Good Memories being with friends and family!

1 comment:

West said...

We want to be friends with the Barbers too. Maybe after school is done. Looks like you guys had a blast! Hope all is well.

Los Brewer