Sunday, February 20, 2011

I was once a really dedicated blogger.
Now, I only have time for thinking about blogging.
I think about it often though.
I miss it.
I used to write down the stories and the little things that were happening in our lives.
Today I have spent the majority of my day sitting at the computer uploading 14 months of pictures. As I have done so, memories have flooded back to me. But you know what? The only ones that I have detailed memories of are the ones that I have blogged about.
I need to use this blog as a journal. I don't write in my journal either. (Well, sometimes I do, but mostly when I have an emotional rampage that I want to spare the public).
I look at Carter and every once in awhile can't believe he is SIX years old. I can't believe how fast he is growing up. Sometimes, he acts like a silly little boy and I am reminded of the 3rd and 4th graders that I used to teach that were annoyingly silly. Sometimes, I put him in that category and am shocked to actually believe that he is old enough for that group. Wasn't it just yesterday that he was a little baby.
FAST forward and I can't believe Kathryn is as grown up and as opinionated as she is. Kimball says things that I can't believe can come out of a 2 year olds mouth! Time is flying! Although some things are fresh in my memory, others are faded and confused. I want to write down the funny things, the silly things, the crazy things because one day I'll look back and the memories will be jumbled even more...if I can even remember them! Heaven knows I haven't been blessed with the best memory!
So today...this is what I want to remember:

We had grandma and grandpa come over to see the pictures from our Disneyland trip. Kathryn was in heaven showing the pictures from the princess breakfast. After G & G left, she went into her room and dressed up in her Belle costume. She was dancing around talking to herself and introducing the other princesses. I asked her to come help throw down the laundry, she said, "did you begot..my name is Cinderella?" I then told her that Cinderella was a really good worker because she had to work a lot before she married the prince. She was very interested to find out that Snow White and Belle were hard workers too. The rest of the evening she was a great little helper because she knew that the princesses were good workers too.

Kimball has been the biggest whiner today. He really needs to have a nap everyday, but he fights it until about 5 p.m. After that we hesitate putting him to bed, but today he needed it! He whines about everything. When I tell him to stop whining..He says in his best whining voice "my not whining!" How do you teach a 2 year old what whining is???
On another note, when he is happy he sings everything. "will you put my cape on...BatMan side!" Wish I could record him singing his talking...maybe I'll try.

Carter made a darling poster for Chris and I today. He drew two big hearts on it and said, "To Mom, I love you" and then decorated it with red hearts. The other hearts said, "To Dad, I love you." While making the poster he asked me how to spell Love. I told him, but he must of heard D for the V...when he found out he was so upset. Mad that he had made a mistake. He is quite the little perfectionist! I was touched though, because he wanted to make a special present for his mom and dad!

1 comment:

The Behunin Family Story said...

I have missed the updates on your cute children. I can not believe that Carter is six. TIme goes by too fast.