Sunday, November 6, 2011

Super Heroes to the Rescue!


Calling all super heroes! 
This year the Coombs' crew answered the call. 
It all began with the WonderWomen costume that was found at a flea market in PA, for Kathryn.  Kimball wore his Superman costume EVERYDAY from the time we bought it till Halloween day - it had holes in it!  Chris and I were going to be Batman and Robin...but let's just admit it wasn't the year for superhero costumes...they are all made out of spandex! So we had to take the costumes that would fit.  Chris ended up as Thor (we hadn't even seen the show!) and I was Batgirl.  Carter obliged to be my sidekick - Robin.  Millie was SuperBaby...she was pretty cute!
 Halloween festivities began at my parent's Halloween party.  Our friends the Adams and Malan's came this year.  It was pretty fun! It was fun to see the friends and cousins that came.






FUNNY Story:  On Halloween morning, Kimball wanted to get dressed in his costume.  I told him we first had to have Joann fix the holes in the costume.  I had just gotten out of the shower and was feeding Millie.  Kathryn and Carter were downstairs playing so I didn't even question when Kimball disappeared.  10 minutes later, Joann called me and said, "Are you missing a child?"
Kimball (my 3 year old) had walked the 4 BLOCKS - crossing 3 roads, barefooted, to take Joann his costume to get sewed.  I guess he knocked on the door and said, "Will you have your mom fix this?"
I was so mad, but laughing so hard.  He is quite independent and is not gonna wait for me to get things done.  We've since had a good talk about how dangerous it could have been.  I'm so thankful that he knew where to go and that nothing happened to him on his way.

Halloween night we had Kirk and Tricia and their kids come trick or treating with us.  We had dinner together and had a good time.  I don't think the kids got to much candy...Kathryn and Kimball's is all gone, and I haven't been able to raid Carter's - it's out of sight!  Kimball did take about 10 pieces and give one to each of his friends at preschool.  I thought that was pretty sweet.

No comments: