Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The funny things you do

Oh, How I love to Blog!  I usually see the cute things my kids do or say and think to myself "I'll always remember that." But then time passes and I can't remember what I was going to remember. So I'm grateful for this blogging hobby...it's way faster than scrapbooking and I can quickly write the things down for future reference.


Carter loves Word World and really believes that if he spells out a word then the word will transform to the object. Yesterday with Becky (our darling babysitter) he made some WINGS, using the bathtub letters.  He asks how to spell something and then tapes them together!  He needed them taped onto his shirt so he could fly to space! Oh!  The imagination of youth!  

Carter is also got this funny habit of making a silly face when I ask him to take a picture!  No idea where he learned that! Check out the professional picture that he initiated the stunt!



The temperature at our house is always a source of contention.  I am very happy with the house being 75-77 degrees, it saves money and then my feet don't get cold.  Chris, on the other hand, HATES the heat.  He wantsthe house to be 68-70 degrees.  So while he is at work...I win.  But when he gets home he adjusts the air conditioning, after all it is 90-100 degrees outside.  By the time the kids go to bed they are as chilled as I am, they aren't adjusted to cool air.  Carter insists wearing his stripped PJ's (foot jammies that were his Christmas present) or his hoodie sweatshirt and sweatpants.  This particular day, both of those pajamas were dirty, so we had to find some warm clothes for him to wear.  I found him a sweatshirt and pants, but he was insistent that his head would be cold so we had to pull out the winter hat (which he referred to as a "beanie bag.")  I should have taken a picture of Chris at the same time because he had beads of sweat all over his forehead.  We just have different temperature gauges!


Kathryn is obsessed with Kimball's binkie!  She says "Bin" and tries to steal it from him all the time.  She sucks on it once and then shoves it back into his mouth!







Here's a little girl that loves to be a grown
-up.  She loves her stroller and wants to push it around by herself.  She won't get into it unless Carter volunteers to push her.  When we were in
Washington she walked all around the ball park in her squeaky shoes pushing the stroller. I have a picture somewhere of me doing the same thing at this age!


We had a great field trip to the fire station with Andrew.  The boys weren't real interested in what the fireman was saying on the tour, but they loved getting to sit in the fire trucks and pretending to drive them.  The highlight of the trip was when the firemen let them help wash the firetruck with their special fire fighter helmets and bracelets. Carter insisted that the bracelets said "Hop, Drop, and Roll!"  We'll have to for sure teach him the true saying as the hopping would only aggregate the fire!




2 comments:

Gertge Family said...

What a bunch of cuties!
I love the air conditioning fight. & the pics. so funny!

Sarah Jane said...

Hi! Ur blog is awesome!