Saturday, June 20, 2009

I've been a little preoccupied...





For those who know me, you'll remember that I love a great book. I usually like to read when I want to escape from feelings and emotions I don't know what do with. Well, my life has been changing...so I needed an escape. These books did it!
Fablehaven is a very magical book series. I read the first one on our trip to Washington...it was ok. I read the other three the last three weeks. They seemed to get better with each book. I wish I would have read them during the school year to prompt the kids to start reading them. My friend Jill blogged about how much she loved these books when the 4th one was coming out, so I decided to give them a shot. She said that they filled the Harry Potter need. (Her and I loved Harry Potter and spent lots of great time together reading the books). Although they are not Harry Potter, I still really enjoyed them. In my book club with my students I would have given them a 5! The only downer is - now I have to wait for the next book.
Hummmm....what should I read next?

1 comment:

B Flat Major said...

Have you tried The Mysterious Benedict Society? Cassidy read it and loved it, and now I've started but I'm only 75 pages in.