Kimball is at such a darling age these days. Chris and I always say that we are really enjoying his 2 year old year a little more than we have with the other kids because we don't have a baby to take care of. He really has both of us in the palm of his hand.
He has a little bit of of obsessive tendency. See that swimming suit? Well he's wore it almost every day for 2 months. If he can't find it, he goes downstairs to the laundry room and searches for it. Usually he ends up in a tantrum if it is in the wash or dirty. "My wear my wimming suit" he cries. He has one other one which he can be cajoled to wear, but putting Levis on the kid is fruitless. He sleeps in it and he sometimes doesn't even take it off to get in the bath!


Kimball has also been potty training. On labor day, he put on underwear and wanted to go poop in the potty. Usually I'd be really excited, but the next day was when I was supposed to start school. Meaning he would be going to the babysitters. Well thankfully, Grandma Kathleen and Joann have been patient to let him try. When he's home he does really good, and he's starting to get it at the babysitters. But the reason why I share this is the swimming suit, mentioned before, has had lots of accidents in it! Which means if he has been wearing it daily, means I've been having to wash it almost daily. Last week I had had enough! He had a pee accident, and I told him I was throwing away that swimming suit. Lots of tears but he is finally wearing other shorts. I guess it's good that I've weaned him from it now...because I guarantee he would have insisted on wearing it in the snow!
When asked what his name is: he responds "Owen Jack." (Owen is his middle name...Jack stems from when he was a baby and Carter used to call him Jumping Jack. He hasn't forgotten it, and I think we'll probably call him Owen Jack in some way. Grandma Jannie only calls him Owen). When he tells me he loves me he says, "My love you." Everything is my. "My peed in the potty." "My sleep in your bed." (We bought bunk beds this weekend, in the hopes to get him out of our bed....it hasn't worked YET!) "My have it!"
Oh! He's so cute. I hope I can remember all the cute little things this little two year old says and does! MY love YOU Kimball Owen Jack!
No comments:
Post a Comment