On St Patrick's Day, we went to the Discovery Gateway Museum because it was FREE! I found out last minute, so I just went with myself and my 3 children! Before we entered the premises I gave the kids 3 rules.
- 1) Make sure you can see mom at all times.
- 2) Have Fun
- 3) No Crying.
All was well until I got a phone call and I became distracted. After the phone call I looked around to make a mental check list of the location of my children.
- Bumble - check
- Kathryn - check ("oh, cute...she's pretending to grocery shop")
- Carter - where's Carter? Looking around, I saw him heading off to a different part of the museum. I tried to call for him but to no avail. So, I started the process of getting Kathryn to follow me and putting Kimball back into the stroller. It was just a matter of a few minutes but as I approached the area I heard over the intercom.
"Attention, Discovery Gateway patrons. Could Mary Boswell-Coombs come to the Information booth.? Carter is waiting for you. Again, could Mary Boswell-Coombs come to the Information booth?" (I just had to smile. My mother has been trying to get Carter to go by "Carter Boswell hyphen Coombs." I guess it's working.)
I rescued a distraught Carter from the information booth and hopefully he learned a lesson to stay close to Mom in such a public, crowded place. I wasn't too worried, because I had seen where he had gone, but I am relieved he knew to seek help. All's well that ends well.
3 comments:
Too cute! At least he was trying to find you!
Carter is growing up so much! Good for him to know what to do when he gets lost. Mary we wish we lived closer and could do your preschool, Tarek would love it. I am excited for you I know you will be very successful. Happy belated birthday! Sorry we couldn't make it to your party we had soccer stuff all day!! 30 and gorgeous!!
I still haven't been to that museum, we should go in the summer. I think it's hilarious that Carter remembered the Boswell in your name! We sure miss those munchkins! And Happy Happy Birthday all month long!
Post a Comment