Sunday, April 12, 2009

Baby Animal Day







Kathryn perferred to view the animals from a distance.


We were really proud of Carter for holding a bunny. There once was a time that he wouldn't come near an animal.

Disclaimer: I know that my hair looks like I'm trying to be a sister wife to the polygamists...I took off the head band as soon as I saw this picture!




Amy and Miranda were visiting from California! Baby Animal Day was a great time to hang out together as a family.
Oh...by the way...I ate a cricket! They had a sampling of flavored crickets. Amy and I each tried a salt and vinegar flavored one! Carter was convinced to try one (go figure...I can't get him to try butter on toast but he'll try a cricket?). He put it in his mouth and immediately spit it out. He even had a leg dangling from his lip. Gross! He dry heaved and spit for 45 minutes after the taste test. We tried water, applesauce cookies, candy, wiping his mouth out but he continued to spit on the ground. Finally Grandma gave him a "magic orange sucker" that gets rid of the bad taste. It really wasn't bad. It tasted like a sunflower seed with the shell on. but the whole idea of it is pretty nasty!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I loved your disclaimer...you aren't a very righteous polygamist because your swoop isn't very high. Time for more spirituality classes.

andrew's mom said...

And what may I ask is so wrong with being a sister wife? I happen to aspire to such heights!

West said...

This looks like a ton of fun. We will have to go sometime.