Sunday, April 12, 2009

Party Animals!

Within 16 days...we celebrate 3 birthdays in our family...here's the low down on the Coombs' Party Animals!
(Below: Birthday Banner I made for the craft pay it forward post. It's reversible...pink and green. It was quite a lot of work...so Kari, Heidi and Melissa ENJOY it please!)

March 21 - Mary Jane turns 30!

I had a fantastic day that started the evening before. My friends that I work with took me out to a great restaurant (Sonora Grill) where I had the most delicious $9 guacamole! It was divine! Afterwards Nicole and I went to a movie (Knowing...scary) and then we went to Wal-Mart at midnight and acted like crazed high school girls and stood in line to get the movie Twilight! I woke up early the next morning and forced Chris to watch Twilight with me.

We got ready and then headed out the park with the kids. I loved being with the whole family...there just isn't enough moments that I get to be with Chris and the kids. We flew a kite, even though it was really really windy. It was also one of the warmest days.

I love this picture...aren't they adorable?




After my mom took me to get a manicure and a pedicure. It was good to relax. She brought me home to a cul-da-sac full of cars. Carter was at the door shouting, "Surprise." Chris had planned a surprise party. I really have never needed a surprise party...I'm always afraid that no one will come. But it was great...he had friends there from all different parts of my life. High School, work, the Ward, Family, etc. I loved seeing everyone. Turns out that he used Facebook to invite everyone. I guess having lots of "friends" on Facebook means you have some "friends" out there to attend a surprise party.

My favorite part of the day was when Chris and I got dressed up and went to the Roof on a date! Just me and him, alone, with all-you-can-eat delicious food. I even tried several of the 27 different desserts. Have you tasted Creme brulee? It's amazing! It was a great birthday. 30 feels great!

April 4th - Chris turns 30!
Chris has never been a big fan of his birthday, so we decided to get away for the weekend. I found a great deal on a condo in Park City. My family so generously took my children for a night - My mom had Kimball, Ryan and Kelly had Carter, and Mindy and Jim had Kathryn. It was lovely!

We went out to Red Rock and had a great, quiet dinner. We sleep through the night without kids crying or climbing in our bed. We wanted to sleep in, but instead got up at 8 a.m. What's up with that? We had a very relaxing morning hanging out at the condo. I scrapbooked while Chris put together a 3-D puzzle. We listened to Conference and actually heard what they were saying. It was wonderful to be alone and be together. We went to a yummy lunch...where we had another version of $9 guacamole (Sonora Grill's was better). Afterwards we went to the Outlets where we did a little shopping.






My family brought us the kids later that afternoon where we threw a little party for Chris. We had a good time hanging out in the hot tub, eating, watching movies, and playing games. Chris and I both wished that our time "alone" could have lasted a little longer, but we were glad to have the kids back with us. We missed them...but it was nice to miss them.

April 7th -Kimball turns ONE!
Since we call him Bumble...we had a Bumble Bee Birthday Party! We dressed him up like a buzzzy bee...and as he crawled around his little stinger would wiggle!








We had two parties...one for Chris' family and one for mine. It was fun to see him be the center of attention. Carter and Kathryn were so cute to him on his big day!

Bumble did great with his 1 year old birthday cupcake. He actually devoured 2 during each party.

He got lots of darling things from our friends and family. Thanks for all the new toys and clothes and excitement. We gave him a little piano to pound on. The older kids liked it so much, he didn't quite get a chance to play on it!

After the party we went to see Aliens vs. Monsters with all the kids. It was our first movie outing and it will probably be our last for awhile! Kathryn walked all around the theatre while Kimball just went up and down the stairs. There was only 2 other families there that day, so I hope it wasn't too distracting. The movie was cute though!

Kimball had a great birthday! We're so glad our Bumble is in our family. He's such a sweetie!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Well we are definitely very sad we didn't get to be a part of any of the festivities but we were really happy you got to have some fun! I'm so happy you posted all the pics of everything. Kathryns hair is getting longer, Kimball looks like a 1 year old, Carter is still a ham, and you and Chris look great for 30! I can't wait to see you guys and hope we can have even more fun then! Luv ya :)

West said...

Happy Birthday Big Daddy Coombs! Sorry I missed it. I though tI had it on my calendar. I think there needs to be a birthday lunch coming up here.