That is, My NEW Barbie House!

I got this wonderful Barbie House for Christmas when I was 8. As a child, I played Barbies until I was blue in the face. It was the coolest house! Santa made it. Several other girls in my neighborhood got one that year, too. They were all decorated similar to the wallpaper and carpet that we had in our homes. We just thought the elves worked on our neighborhood's presents together. After I "grew out" of playing Barbies, several other families "borrowed" the Barbie house for their children to play with. It has now returned home.
I got this wonderful Barbie House for Christmas when I was 8. As a child, I played Barbies until I was blue in the face. It was the coolest house! Santa made it. Several other girls in my neighborhood got one that year, too. They were all decorated similar to the wallpaper and carpet that we had in our homes. We just thought the elves worked on our neighborhood's presents together. After I "grew out" of playing Barbies, several other families "borrowed" the Barbie house for their children to play with. It has now returned home.
I hope Kathryn will love to play with it, as well as the students in my preschool class.
The Master Bedroom
I sewed the bedspread. SHOCKING!
The Upstairs Attic Toy Room
16 comments:
It's really really cute. Now if decorating our own houses was that inexpensive and easy to paint!
I LOVE IT!!!! I'll be coming over to play every day! If you look at those pictures without knowing it's a doll house you would think they're just photographs of a real house. You've done the detailed work. It's so beautiful.
Oh, that brings back memories of my doll playing days! What a fun idea. Brian keep trying to find a new home for mine because it is hudge, but I have had it since my 8th Christmas too. How funny. Maybe if I remodle mine he will want to look @ it more! Ha ya right! It is just taking up room in our play room, how terrible huh?
Oh my gosh! That's amazing! You did such a great job! My mom just bought a house like that for Rachel, but it definitly won't be as cute! Where did you get the furniture?
AMAZING! You have left me without words. You are a talented gal Miss Mary...You could probably make extra money remodeling other people's Barbie houses!
Oh my gosh that is soooo cute! Where do I get one myself? I think it will be a hit at preschool. Miss you guys!
That last comment was from Melissa but I think Jefferson would agree that he also loves the doll house. :)
How once again do you find the time, make the time do do all you do!? Please advise! Holy mackerel~! I will be a new TV show..."re-do your dollhouse! I think i will pitch it to HGTV this week...
Love you!
You are amazing, that is so cute!!! Great work, how did you find the time??
I want this barbie house!! It is SO cute!! Good job on the remodel!
It is so fun! Maybe I should post pics of my doll house that I spent hours remodeling a few years ago...when I get a spare minute!
Where's the T.V. and remote?
It turned out so cute! I really like how the bedroom turned out.
Amazing! You are so creative and your kids are lucky to have such a fun place to play Barbies. I want to come play! I think you should start a business selling them. I'll be your first customer. :)
That is so great! Nothing like a good project to get your imagination going! I have a dollhouse that I'm hoping to finish when (and if) I have a daughter! So great! Oh, I love that last picture! It's like 'honey, I blew up the kid.'
It's perfect! You are very clever. The colors, the details, just lovely. Now I want one. Thanks for letting use the tube at the pool. Ben loved it.
Post a Comment