Friday, December 25, 2009
Christmas Day 2009
It' so fun to be a parent.
The magic of Christmas is awe inspiring.
We had a wonderful Christmas Day.
Kimball was the first one awake. (Well, besides Chris...he was up early just like every Christmas of his life). Kimball escaped and went and checked out his presents. He loved his Little Tykes car. We drove him into Kathryn's room where Carter and Kathryn were having a sleepover in the "sleepover bed." The kids were excited to see what Santa had left them. We spent a really enjoyable morning opening presents and being together. Carter was excited about his Darth Maul lightsaber. Kathryn changed into her each of her dress up dresses throughout the morning. Kimball really loved the Dora and Diego figurines that we gave him. Chris got me 3 bar stools for the kitchen and 2 new pair of boots. He really spoiled me. I'm sure he spent way more money than I wanted him to. I got him a new wii remote and lego rock band. (which he is playing as I blog). My favorite part of the morning is when Carter gave Kathryn two presents that he had made and wrapped by himself. It was just two pieces of paper decorated, stapled, folded, and colored, but he had wrapped them himself in tissue paper and a gift bag, tied a bow and wrote KA for Kathryn. It was so sweet that he wanted to make something special for his sister. That is the spirit of Christmas that I just LOVE!
My parents came out bringing gifts and I made breakfast. They (like always) spoiled us rotten. Carter was thrilled with his lego star wars, Kathryn liked her new doll we named "Gretel" but her favorite (of course) is the Dor-la puzzle, Grandpa helped her put together.
After we had an enjoyable breakfast (ham, eggs, potatoes, fresh fruit, and pancakes) we went and visited the Coombs. We got some lovely things from them and money that we are going to spend wisely! They had got a wii for Christmas and we had a great time playing with them.
This evening has been really relaxing. The kids were so tired and yet they were determined to play with their new toys. I've spent the evening reminiscing about this holiday season by blogging.
I love the build-up to Christmas. I love all the preparation, the pre-parties, the wrapping. I'm sad to say the day is over. I hope to keep this Christmas spirit in my heart year-round. Maybe by writing about it I can remember. I'm grateful for my family and how they make this day so special. Being a parent was my favorite part of this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Your family and you guys look great! Looks like the holiday season has been a lot of good times! Miss you guys.
Wow you are a crazy blogger! I need to catch up maybe I should get my behind in gear its not like I have anything else going :) I am happy you guys had a good Christmas, you deserve it! We really missed seeing you all this holiday season, it really wasn't the same without our extended family. We love you guys so much and hope this next year brings you happiness and HOPE!
I totally agree...being a parent at Christmas time is really what it is all about! Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas!
Post a Comment