Friday, December 25, 2009

Kathryn turns 3!

Happy Birthday to our sweet, spunky little girl. Three year ago we were blessed with our baby girl. Our life hasn't been the same since.


I still love getting her all dressed up. It's too bad she doesn't have more tea parties and special occasions to wear all her cute dresses. Her white hair is starting to grow in a little better, but she still has her little peach fuzz spot on the back. (sigh-one day it will grow!) She talks so cute. My favorite words she says right now are...."I tan't (I can't), Carger (Carter), Wager (water), I shirsty (I'm thirsty), "shanks" (thanks), 'I begotted" (I forgot).

For her birthday (3 weeks ago) we had a little family birthday party. She insisted on having a "Dorla" party. She is quite obsessed with Dora the Explorer. She got spoiled from her grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins! She got some beautiful dresses, darling outfits, new shoes, and lots of fun toys. We gave her a Dora backpack (which she and Kimball both love!), a Tinkerbell hoodie, and a pink winter coat.


I worked for about 3 hours on the most delicious cake. I also was so excited to attempt to make a "butter cream frosting transfer." My friend, Stacey, had explained to me how to make one. I had tried to call her, but she wasn't home. So instead I just attempted based on memory. (Now I know...I should never trust my memory!) I worked so hard mixing the right colors for the face, and painting it just perfectly. I then put it in the freezer and then tried to transfer it to the cake. When I did so, the picture just crumbled! I finally got ahold of Stacey and found out I missed one step of spreading base frosting all over it and then I would have used the mirror image. So for the cake I used the picture I was copying. Quite a disappointment...but at least I tried!






Kathryn loves her cousin Emma. They have become two little peas in a pod lately.

No comments: