Friday, December 25, 2009

How daring are we?











For Family Home Evening a few weeks ago, we went with the Barbers to a live Nativity scene. It was so special to see the scripture story of Christ's birth acted out with the shepherds, angels, Mary and Joseph and baby Jesus. It was super cold, we were sitting on hay, and the whole time Carter was complaining. But a few days later he mentioned seeing the wise men, and talked about how terrible it would have been to sleep on the hay. It was so worth it because he learned something!
Afterwards we took SEVEN (yes - that's right 7) children under the age of 5 to Applebees for dinner. I thought we were for sure CRAZY...but they did pretty good. I had to take pictures because I was so proud of the kids. We all just love the Barbers! They are so fun to hang out with. My favorite thing about them is the lesson Joann has taught me by example. Even if you have young kids...life still needs to be lived! I CAN do the grocery store with 3 kids if she can do it with 4!

1 comment:

Joann said...

Every time I take 4, I SWEAR I will never do it again. I'm not a very nice mother when I do. That's not good...