Sunday, May 30, 2010

I've never held this much money


This past week I had to pay a bill to Davis Hospital for $1,100. They had offered me a 50% discount if I paid it up front. A variety of obstacles prevented the bill from being paid (errors on their billing end) and they were going to refuse the 50% discount if I didn't pay it that day. I contacted my bank, did a balance transfer and withdrew the cash. I wish I could have bought something fun with this money.
What do you think about this outrageous bill from Davis Hospital for Kathryn's 24 hour visit during her first asthma attack that they were willing to cut it in 1/2 if paid in full? Personally I think that it is crazy that they BILL if 50% higher than they would accept payment. On the itemized bill from the hospital, her room cost $900 for one night. That's a really nice suite in Las Vegas...I tell you the room was not $900 nice. The cost of health care is ridiculous! Who is getting that money?
I digress. I'm glad that Kathryn was O.K., and that I only have to pay $1,100 instead of $2,200.

No comments: