Friday, May 14, 2010

The sweetest e-mail

I received the sweetest e-mail this morning. I just had to share these wonderful words. Becky and Josh Siddoway babysat for us (for free) so we could go to the temple. I always feel so lucky to have them with my kids. My children adore them. That night they went to the park, to Artic Circle, and played and played. All the kids were happy. Their happiness makes me feel even more at ease to leave my kids. But after this e-mail I am overwhelmed by the blessing to have Becky in my life, and especially in my children's lives.

Hey Mary,
So whenever I hear "Come to Jesus" by Chris Rice it reminds me of Carter when he was just little and Kathryn was just a baby. One time when I was babysitting, we put in a cd,downstairs, I think it was a Chris Rice cd if you have any of his cds. Anyway, this song came on and Carter and I danced to it. He spun around with his arms out and said, "Becky, come to Jesus...dance for Jesus..." or something close to that. I've never forgotten that. Yesterday after we got home from your house and I was doing my homework, this song played on Pandora and it was really sentimental for me. My mind went immediately to that day years ago in the basement with Carter. I can still hear his cute voice. I thought about how much Carter and all your kids have grown. I'm not a mom or anything, but I guess this is why moms cry when they see their kids grow up, which I never understood why. I really love your kids. This experience has been on the back of my mind a lot and I think about how appropriate it is for a little child to say "Dance for Jesus" and to me it means to endure and live life the best way possible for Him. It also reminds me of how we're told to be 'as a child.' 'Dance for Jesus' will always have deep meaning for me. Anyway, thanks for letting me be a part of your kids' lives; they've changed mine. We really had so much fun yesterday. I still can't believe how big Carter and remembering Kathryn and Kimball when they were just babies. It was easier to write this than calling and getting all choked up on the phone:)

Becky,
I'm now bawling too. That is one of my favorite songs. I think it is on a cd from Kenneth Cope. Thank you so much for sharing that story. Carter is a very special kid and I know that he was a valiant spirit that has been sent to earth to "dance for Jesus." I'm sooo thankful for your influence on my children, they love and adore you. When you're a mom you'll understand how important it is for others to have a positive influence on your kids and help them in the ways of righteousness and keep them rooted in the gospel. I firmly believe that children are raised by a village. I'm so thankful that you're in my children's village. Love you!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Becky is truly a great blessing. She has been since I first met her years ago!

Love your blog!

Brooke and Ben said...

What a great post. I have been catching up on your blog, and can't believe that the Toones are in your ward. I can't think of a better Relief Society president to take care of such needs. You are amazing. The Toones story pulls so deeply at my heart since I have three little girls of my own. You are a great mom. I look up to you with all my heart. Your blog is refreshing because it reminds me that there are great people in the world doing great things. love ya!

The Hatch Batch said...

What a great babysitter! You are lucky, those are very hard to find:) It was fun chatting with you at our rs b-day social. Thank you for all you do for our ward. You make relief society a wonderful place to be! Love ya-