
When you ask this little munchkin what his name is, he will answer "Owen Jack the Quarterback." Occasionally he'll still call himself "Bumble Owen Jack." But when I ask him what he wants to be called he says "Kimball." No matter the name, he has won over our family's heart! Everything that comes out of his mouth melts my heart. Kimball can get Chris to laugh just like The Office. Kathryn and Carter LOVE to play with Kimball, because Kimball does whatever they want him to. He is an excellent playmate because he dives into the play and can pretend so well. We all love our little brother. We are so thankful for this little 3 year old!
This year we had a "Basketball Birthday Party." He originally wanted a Batman birthday cake, and then it was a "Soccer Birthday cake," but we were successful in evolving it to a basketball birthday cake. I worked so hard on the dang cake, but I didn't LOVE how it turned out, and I was disappointed in the way it tasted as well. (Oh, well!) We gave him a Basketball hoop (which he had previously called a basketball shoot). He spent 3 straight days playing with it, independent of what the other kids wanted to play.
Grandma gave him this lightsaber...which he loved but which he had broken in less than 24 hours.
When he opened each present, he was so sweet to go give the giver a hug and said thank you.
After the guests left, Kimball spent 20 minutes trying on EVERY outfit that he got. He is very obsessed with clothes right now. He will change his clothes 15-20 times a day. He ONLY wears shorts and all you have to do is give him a pair of shorts to be his hero for the day. Right now he even wears shorts over his pajamas and carries a pair with him to change into whenever I insist on wearing pants. (which is usually only when we go to church or there is a snowstorm...but even then he wants shorts as soon as possible).I love this kid! I am so thankful that I've had so much time with him as the baby. I feel lots of guilt because I never really got to enjoy Carter and Kathryn at this age because I was balancing a baby. I had never had a 2 year old without a baby to take care of. Kimball has been delightful - no terrible two's with this kid. Hopefully it doesn't change with a new baby on the way.
2 comments:
I can't believe your little one is 3! I don't comment as much as I should, but I wanted to say Congrats on your little girl that is on her way! I hope all goes well, and she can stay in long enough to be healthy and come home quick! You are an amazing mother. Wow.
Mary jane I think the cake looks great! But I know how you feel when u spend all that time on a cake and the end result isn't quite what you had pictured. Funny thing is the kids are always happy no matter what it looks like:)
You are a great mom and good luck with #4. I'm excited for your cute family-
Love ya!
Post a Comment