
30 years ago my mother was expecting her 3rd child.
This is the year I will turn 30. (March 21)
So as I set my new year resolutions, I thought more in terms of what I needed to do until I turned 30.
I was inspired by a guy in my ward who wanted to lose 30 pounds before his 30th birthday. When he told me that, I committed to do the same. I'm happy to say that I accomplished the 30 pounds. But there are surely other aspects of my life that need a make-over as well. So I set some goals for my last few months of my 29th year.
So here are a few things that I'm shooting to accomplish over the next 2 months!
1. Read the Book of Mormon(I haven't read the book all the way through since I was in high school. I know that it is true, but I am forgeting the stories and the messages. I've tried before, but usually get through 1st Nephi and quit. Well, I'm still in 1st Nephi, so any encouragement will be appreciated.)
2. 30 days of NO sugar (OK, I realize that this might be a little challenging and I've committed myself to 30 days not 30 consecutive days).
3. Record 30 memories. (I am losing my memories more and more everyday. I really don't understand why. People will tell me stories about myself that I have no recollection about. Don't worry, I don't think I'm repressing some major event. I learned in a human dynamics class that my personality type just lives more in the present than in the past. What a bummer though. So if you have any memories of me, chances are I've forgotten them...I'd love you to share).
4. Teach my kids 30 new things.
5. Write about the 30 most influential people in my life. I wrote the list the other day. It will be hard to limit it to 30 people, I've been blessed to be influenced by many that I love.
6. Go to the gym at least 30 times before my birthday.
7. Scrapbook 30 pages. (My Christmas break got me on a roll...I've already done 20 of them!)
8. Spend 30 minutes a day doing something I want to do.
9. Spend some time with Chris, alone, at least 30 times, even if it is just for 30 minutes.
10. Get Kimball to sleep in his own bed! (We're going on night number 7! YEAH!)
11. Attend the temple at least once. I have to be realistic...I wish I could say 30 times)
12. Read 30 books. (I'm going to have to count the stories I read to the kids at night, because I need to read the BOM first before I read other novels.)
13. Plan a list of 30 books to read. Suggestions?
14. Make a dinner menu of 30 recipes. Suggestions?
15. Embrace the past 30 years and look forward to the next 30!
7 comments:
Read "These is My Words" by Nancy Turner. Good luck!
Good luck with your goals. It is amazing how quickly 30 comes (and goes). BTW...you look FANTASTIC!!
I love it! 30 is coming way too soon. Good for you to make some goals to work toward. Great job on the 30 pounds that is NOT easy to do!! I love ya thanks for your comment i loved it
Hey cute girl...This is Crystal. I love your blog! Your goals are amazing and I admire you! I was reading about you and we have more in common than you know:) I am an Anne of Green Gables lover too!! One of these days we also need to get together and scrapbook. Yah, I haven't done any since Bree was born:( You are such a good friend...and visiting teacher!
Okay, maybe I should get inspired by your list, I have a milestone coming in a little over a year (cough...choke...gag...40...), so if I make a list like yours it will take longer and I had better get started right away! My book pick is "Coming Home" by Rosamund Pilcher.
I didn't realize it was going to be the big 30 this year! I am sure you can get most of the things on you list accomplished, you are a very determined person! You should read My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Piccoult. Call me if you ever need an idea for dinner but don't call if you are having a craving for sugar and want me to talk you out of it - I won't!
I have an idea for your number 13. I have always wanted to read the 100 best books ever written. There is a lot of different lists out there, but I have always wanted to read the books from "the greats" Easton Press has one that I think I am going to do as soon as I finish school this semester.
- Scott
Post a Comment