Our little darling Bumble slept in his crib last night for 9 HOURS! (Well actually he slept in Kathryn's crib because she now refuses to sleep anywhere but Kimball's crib, but any way...) He slept through the night. 9 months old and we finally committed to get him out of my bed. I don't even think he woke up during the night. It was a great gift to me since I had to go back to school today!
He is such a joy right now. He is a little giggler and loves to watch Carter and Kathryn. He is breaking a new tooth and even though he gets a high fever (102 degrees) he is such a happy little fella.
Y'all remember this age? When they are happy as can be, and then all of a sudden get so frustrated because they can't do what they want to. Kimball will crawl over to a chair, or my leg, or the couch, or anything vertical and try to lift himself up. He usually slips hitting his poor little head several times, before he accomplishes standing up. It is amazing that children survive the ups and downs of the transition of infancy to toddler hood. They really have got the saying down, "If at first you don't succeed...try, try again." They are resilient after a little love and comfort. (As much as the whining and crying gets a little tiring, I'm glad I'm the one he wants to comfort him.) Maybe they can't talk because they know the secrets to life and how to master everything. We really can learn lessons from these wise souls.
Yesterday I had the best indulgence. My mom gave me her appointment with Abby...one of the greatest hair doers. (What are we suppose to call them?) Well I got to close my eyes and have my hair shampooed, colored, and cut...It's been 9 months...so I was very excited to finally get rid of all those split ends. Well...Abby and I were talking about our lives and I asked her how she survived 3 kids under the age of 3. She said that it is all a blur. I've really been thinking about that statement. I really want to remember the simple moments. I want to remember that Kimball bonks his head on the chair standing up. I want to remember that Kathryn calls water "wa-ger" and calls for her brother "Car-ger" whenever she needs something. I want to remember that Carter gets "frus-a-stated" with the mouse on his computer game, because "it isn't going where I want it to go." What do you want to remember? I want the blur to slow down. Don't you?
I've recently wanted to give up on this blogging hobby. I was thinking...who cares? I was thinking...I'm not as witty or funny or all together as so and so. I was thinking...I don't have time. I was thinking I would quit. But I've changed my mind. I blog to remember. I blog to see what I can do. I blog to celebrate the people in my life. I blog so I have a record of the blur and then I can remember the moments of the whirlwind. Why do you blog?
6 comments:
I blog to help me remember the blur. It never seems to slow down! I look at pictures of my babies and cry to think that I will not get those crazy days back when they were little. I am glad that I have so many pictures and journals. So keep blogging, it is a great way to journal those crazy times.
That would be my advice too. I know easy to get caught up in wanting to be a "cool" blogger but really it's just a journal for you and your family. I try to blog about specific moments that happen, or specific memories so it's not just "we're just busy with soccer, dance, school, yada yada yada...".
I think you do a great job so keep it up!
You should make your blog into a book. I blog so some day my kids can read that we actually did do fun things! I had mine made into a book, but it has not arrived yet. I will let you know how it turned out before I refer you to the website!
I blog for memories. I want to remember the funny things they say too. Jared used to say "beat out" instead of "watch out"...and I just remembered that. I have already forgotten a lot of the cute sayings of his...so I want to remember what I can. This is a quick fun journal with pictures included.
Don't give up...you ARE funny. It is just Satan trying to bring you down and make you think you are not as good as others.
we need to see pics of your new hair!!! I love getting my hair done but don't do it often enough!
hi this matthew from your class 2 years ago. 6 grade is challenging but i am handling it. i don't think i can imagine 7th grade. great blog!
Post a Comment