Wednesday, January 21, 2009

How do you make decisions?


I have the hardest time making decisions. I worry about things in depth and hate to make choices for fear that it is the wrong one. Unfortunately, I married someone that doesn't like to make decisions either. He just has this "faith" thing going that everything works out for the best so why stress about it? I, on the other hand, stress about things until I get physically ill. I awoke this morning at 2 a.m. and laid in bed with things weighing on my mind and couldn't go to back to sleep, so I'm downstairs researching options. If it wasn't 4 in the morning, I'd call people and ask them what they think I should do. That's what I do.
But what I should do...
I should get down on my knees and pour out my heart to my Father in Heaven. Why is that so hard for me?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Give me a call - I can help weigh out the pros and cons :)

this is me said...

Next time, call me. The wee hours in UT are up and at em hours in MA. I miss you and pray for you.

Stella said...

Oh dear, sweet Mary! I have been there so many times. I know the wee hours of the morning are hard, especially when you have "wee" ones, but remember that it is those early morning hours that are so still and so quiet. It is those early morning hours that our Heavenly Father speaks to us with such clarity. The only problem is, I do the same thing you did, we clutter our mind with the worries of the world, and fret about the sleep I am missing. Next time try just listening. We are awakened at these times for a reason! hang in there girl, let me know if I can help with anything.

Brooke and Ben said...

My husband also has the gifts of faith and discernment. He just knows what to do, and he doesn't think twice about it.
Me on the other hand.....I WORRY and have anxiety like crazy! Some things are easy for me, but some are so hard I can't stop wondering, worrying, and taking more upon myself than I am capable of controlling.
So I have this little quote by President Hinckley on my fridge:

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. 'It all works out. Don't worry.' I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us, if we put our trust in Him, if we pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

"Consider the lilies of the field, they toil not, neither do they spin."

I hope everything all works out. I am praying for you.
I am.