Friday, February 6, 2009

Binky - no more!


When is the right time to get rid of the Binky?
A few weeks ago a guy at church teased me about Kimball going to town on his Binky! He said that he didn't need it anymore...I told him I needed it! Well, that week I got to thinking...let's try withholding it. Now, he won't take it at all!

Farewell Dummy (that's what they call it in Australia)! It was a good 9 months of pacifying!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! We just got rid of the dummy at our house too! But Maggie Jane is almost 3 so you're way ahead of the game! Amazingly, she did it herself. Our neighbor had a baby and we went to see her. Then next day Maggie said "I want to give my binkies to the new baby, she's sad". So we packed them all up in a gift bag and made a big deal about giving them to the baby. We've had a couple of tears saying "I want my binkies back!!". But overall she doing great. You're wise to wean Kimball early, it just gets harder.

Sarah Jane said...

This picture is so cute!