Friday, February 20, 2009

A rose by any other name?

Valentine's Day, Carter received a cute little card from "Grandma and Grandpa Boz." Excited to read it, he followed the letters until he got to B-O-Z. Frustrated he went into his room where he had a paper that spelled "Boswell." Very upset, he returned to me and told me that Grandma had spelled her name wrong...see it says "B-o-s NOT B-o-z!"
I explained to him about nicknames. Grandpa has a nickname of BOZ...(enunciating the Z sound)...can you hear the Z sound?
We then talked about the many nicknames or pronunciations that our family has. We had a great talk and I want to remember all these crazy names! What nicknames or mispronunciations do you have in your family?
  • Boz- any male member of my family
  • Sir Coombs - Chris and/or Carter
  • Coom Bas - Kelly's name for our family
  • Cart-Dog - Carter...he doesn't like this nickname, "I'm not a dog!"
  • Kati-girl - Jefferson's name for Kathryn
  • Jane-face - originally my nickname from Ryan. Now he calls Kathryn it, because he claims she looks just like me.
  • Princess - what the grandparents call Kathryn
  • Little Sister - what I call Kathryn
  • Bumble - Kimball
  • Poomble Owen Jack - Kathryn still can't pronounce Kimball's name. The Jack comes from the Jumpin' Jack scenario - see below.
  • RyZ Poo Poo - my brother Ryan
  • Jeffy-Peppy - my brother Jefferson
  • Jeff-Todd - Uncle Jefferson - Carter wouldn't/couldn't call Jeff by his full name...so he gave him another
  • Blais-a-roni - my nephew Blaise
  • Mac-a-roni - my cousin Mac
  • Jewls - my niece Julianna

Have I forgotten any?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poppins, you forgot your nickname. Mom