Most days are laundry, cleaning up messes, nap time, more laundry, and hanging out together.
But occasionally we get to add some icing to this delicious cake life!
Snowflake day!
I took a 1/2 day sub to accompany Carter on his pre-school field trip. He has a field trip once a month but they are always on Thursdays! I work on Thursdays! But when Ms. Debee told me that Carter was the "only" one not coming on the field trip I decided to be a mom on Thursday instead of just a teacher. We went to the Kangaroo Zoo in North Salt Lake. It was a pretty fun activity. Kathryn was scared to death of the bouncy toys until about 15 minutes before we were leaving. Carter had a good time. He loved the slides and the air tee-ball. He was coughing so hard because he was running around with all his little friends. (I think we have a bit of asthma coming our way!) It was cute to see him interact with the other children. I also really enjoyed playing "mom" and visiting with the other mothers.
Kathryn loves to play with her tea sets. The other night, Carter was out with Ryan, Kelly, and Dean so it was just me and my babies. (Chris was at work...surprised?) I was able to really focus on Kathryn and play with her. We were have a tea party and she insisted on calling "Papa." When on the phone, she asked him to have a tea party with her. She was pouring the tea cup into the phone. Being the great grandpa that he is, he and grandma came over for the tea party. Bringing cookies and tea (a.k.a. Diet Coke). It was such a sweet gesture. Carter has such a strong personality so I find myself often focusing on him. I need to spend more time playing with Kathryn. She has such a cute little personality. The ironic thing about this picture is we were discussing how her hair was growing so good. The next day is when her hair cut happened.
And we can't forget playing with Bumble! This is Kimball and Hayes rolling around on the floor together. Hopefully they will be good friends!
7 comments:
MaryJane,
You are such a cute mom! I love the idea of a theme day:) I'll be at church tomorrow, I'm finally better! Thanks for thinking of me:)
You are the best mom! I love even more that you prefece with most days are routine. Sometimes we read blogs thinking, who are these women? Do they ever yell or clean up poo? I miss you cute Mary Jane. Come to freezing rain Boston?
That is so cute!
I was cracking up at Kathryn's haircut. If it wasn't so dang funny, it wouldn't be very funny... :)
She will laugh when she gets older.
Tell Kelly I say Hi.
Hayes is so big already.
love ya.
You are so fun! Maybe one day I'll be a fun mom like you.
Your kids are the cutest. By the way, I loved your talk the other day at church. You are a very talented speaker. It was fun to listen to you.
Looks like fun. The Kanagroo Zoo is awesome, Sadie loves it.
How fun!! I love the snowflake theme. You are such a fun mom!
Post a Comment