
A few nights ago, at my mother's stake enrichment night, I had the amazing opportunity to not only meet Sister Julie Beck, General Relief Society President of the LDS Church, but to listen to her inspiring words. She is so REAL! You know when you meet someone you admire or look up to, and they seem untouchable, and perfect. Well, she is so real! She spoke from her heart and answered questions from the audience. Her lesson on loving the sisters we visit teach will forever change the way I view visiting teaching. We don't need to merely sit on the living room sofa and read a lesson from the Ensign, we should be their friend and care for them.
She also shared a quote from Spencer W. Kimball that talks about women being a influence for good with their positive outlook on mothering and the gospel. I believe that I need to have a more uplifting attitude regarding the souls I am raising. We have a great responsibility.
It was a fantastic evening. My mom did a great job pulling it all together. I was inspired as well as the other sisters that were there that evening.
1 comment:
Wow! What a wonderful opportunity. Thank you for sharing some of the inspiration.
So sorry about the hair cut. Like you said, lesson learned (we hope)!
Post a Comment