Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"Whoodies"

To start off our August weekend vacations (we have one planned every weekend) we went camping with the Marchants to American Fork canyon.  We borrowed Chris' parent's trailer and headed up the tight, winding canyon.  It was an adventure finding a spot.  While searching for a camping spot, Carter said a prayer so that we would find one.  After the
 prayer he got all nervous and said, "Mom, I forgot to bless us to be safe while we're in BEAR COUNTRY!"  Needless to say we did not see any bears!  We camped at "Salamander Flats" in the middle of a field.  
We woke up on Saturday morning and went on a hike to Timpanogos Cave.  It was quite the challenge with 3 kids!  Chris carried 
Kathyn, I carried Kimball, and Carter trudged up the mountain.  It was only a mile and a half...but it is very steep!  The cave was interesting and informative.  I about had a panic attack when the tour guide told us that we were standing on the fault line.  Then Chris said, "So if there was an earthquake right now...."  I about screamed at him!  (I'm getting a little more anxious and panicky with age.)
The rest of the weekend was very relaxing.  Good friends, good food, good times.  
The kids rolled around in the dirt like they were little piglets, and we let them!  Hey, we're camping, right?
My fondest memory of the trip was when Kathryn learned how to say "Whoodie."  She was so proud of herself, and walked up to all the adults and said "Whoodie" and waited for our reaction.

No comments: