Monday, December 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Kathryn

Our little sister turned 2 this past week!  She is such a sweet little girl.  I love this age because she is always saying new phrases and keeping us on our toes.  She loves playing with dishtowels and laying them out all over the house.  She loves "Carger" and "Bumble-boy" and loves when Papa paints her fingernails.  She is constantly asking for "Fru-ups pease" (Fruit snacks please)and she is the first one to the dinner table. We are so lucky to have her in our lives.


For her birthday party I threw an ice cream party.  I was going to make this darling sheet cake in the shape of an ice cream cone.  When I attempted to "shape" the cone, the cake crumbled.  So I used an idea from my SIL Melissa to make "cake balls."  This is where you mix the crumbled cake with frosting and then form balls and freeze them.  Then you cover them with chocolate.  They were adorable, but I didn't like the way they tasted.  Kathryn was all decked out in her party dress and loved having the attention on her.  We had a great time.  Thanks to all the fam and friends for being the part of the party!

Grandma Kathleen gave her this adorable Christmas dress.  We had to have her wear it for church on Sunday.  It's way too cute to save it for only one occasion.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

We missed you Katy-girl! Happy Happy day to you! We love you and can't wait till we get to give you lots of hugs and kisses.

Unknown said...

Fun, Fun, Fun Party. Cute idea to name different types of ice cream. Kathryn was adorable being the center of attention for a while. Hugs, Grandma Kathleen

Brooke and Ben said...

Happy Birthday you little doll. She is so CUTE Mary. I love the dress. Little girls are so much fun. I love to dress them up. Once again, I have to say you are a great mom.