Friday, December 12, 2008

Thanksgiving traditions

As a child, my mother always presented us with a new holiday coloring book on Thanksgiving morning.  I'm sure that it was to keep us busy while she prepared the fixin's. The tradition continues.  She gave Carter and Kathryn a coloring book to color in while they watched the Macy Day Parade. It entertained them for a bit, while I worked on making homemade rolls.


On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, Chris and I started a tradition of going up to the mountains and cutting down a Christmas Tree.  Here is my stud holding up the tree.  The kids enjoyed bundling up and picking our tree.  This tree was actually the first one that we saw.  It looks so cute decorated too.
We didn't have Kimball a coat so he was bundled under my sweatshirt!
I have heard rumors that the Kapp Christmas tree farm (where we go) is coming close to closing.  Mr. Kapp, the owner, is 80+ years old and wants to be done.  What will we do in the future?  I don't think I could go back to buying one from a tree lot.  Is there anyone out there that knows any other places to cut down their own Christmas tree? 

1 comment:

Brooke said...

We have one!!! It's not in the mountains though. Its a nice, tucked away place in Alpine. We've gone for 2 years now. Let me know if you want the details!