Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ugliest Holiday Sweater



I don't like to play games unless I know I can win.  The Adams invited us to a family holiday party.  We were told to bring a white elephant gift and to wear the ugliest holiday sweater.  I headed to the DI and searched for something to work with.  First of all, the stuff at the DI isn't terribly "ugly." Second of all, I realized that what I found would need embellishing.  But I'm a great embellisher!
Needless to say, I won!  Kirk with his "NO, NO, HO, HO!" received 2nd place.  Mikayla got the Honorary ugly sweater.  I thought Carter's shirt was 
hilarious.  It had a whole bunch of post-it notes describing the things that he had done that were naughty. Examples: I flushed my ABC letters done the toilet. I don't eat meat.  I just like candy.  In his words, "I punched your eyeball."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

May I borrow your sweater to wear during the holidays? I will wear it to Joy Sundloff's party and that group will not know I'm wearing a costume and just not invite me to the party again. You are funny. Mom

Stella said...

what a fun party idea. I loved your sweater and Carter's. You definitely needed to win this one!!!

this is me said...

Hello Mary my love,
I miss you, but am thankful for your funny sweater to remind me just how cool you are. Drop me a line when the kids are sleeping and I'll fill you in on the joys of Boston.
Love, Heidi