
Gratitude #4: Exercise!
Yes, I'm addicted. 8 weeks ago I signed up for a "Biggest Loser" competition at my gym. We got personal training sessions and nutritional counseling. Tonight was the final weigh-in. Well 16 pounds later, I took 2nd place! It was based on % lost, and I was .4% away from winning. (Sooo close). My team, however, took 1st place! I won a exercise ball, a massage gift certificate, and $25 gift certificate for a restaurant.
Through this experience I fell in love with exercising! It is a wonderful feeling to not be tired. I feel great, and I am very grateful for a healthy body. Before I started exercising I felt so tired if I had to walk any distances, and now I feel like I have a spring in my step. (Well, most of the time).
I am also so thankful for the gym daycare. Carter and Kathryn love going to the gym because the daycare keeps them entertained. Kathryn loves the dolly there and is constantly rocking the baby and putting her in the cradle. Carter loves the coloring pages, particularly the Star Wars' pages. Kimball is still perfect at the gym, so he comes with me. He is usually lulled to sleep in the spinning classes and watching the elliptical or stair climber. I'm thankful that I can go to the gym and have an hour for me and my sanity.
1 comment:
Way to go Mary!! That's great! I was getting way into it to until this darn Tosillectomy!
I need to recover & get back on it!
Lucky for me the lack of tonsils came with some starvation weight loss. 6lbs. in 7 days...so far...It won't last..Im craving cinnamon rolls & Cafe Rio!! Yikes. & I don't reccomend getting them out just for the weight loss. OUCH!!!
Post a Comment