Gratitude #2
Yesterday was one of these days:
At the end of the day, I remembered that I was going to write about the things that I am grateful for. I had to really think about what my blessings were. I decided that what I am thankful for is that we get to start over every day. We can go to bed and replace any negative experiences with a new light on things. I was a terrible mom yesterday. I blame it on a book my mother recommended I read (Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin). I chose to read it while the kids watched "George" and "Arthur." Well, it was a real page turner, so before I knew it the morning cartoons were over! (I hate to even calculate how many hours they spent watching the TV). You have to know that when I read, I just want to finish the book as fast as I can. I dive into the story as if I'm watching a movie. Who is going to stop watching a drama love story to do the laundry or clean up the recent "fort" or make a healthy snack? I wish I was more dedicated! By the end of the day (Chris had school until 10) the house was a disaster, the kids were whiny for more attention, and I was just grumpy I didn't get to the ending. Yes, I was a bad mom yesterday.
But I am grateful that regardless of how horrible your day is, you can go to bed and wake up with a clean slate. Hopefully with that clean slate I can strive to be a little better.
No comments:
Post a Comment