Monday, November 3, 2008

Season of Thanksgiving

Kelli had a great idea!  She is sharing something that she is thankful for everyday until Thanksgiving.  I'm following her lead!  I loved the General Conference talk about expressing gratitude by David A. Bednar. I also just read the scripture story of the ten lepers to Carter.  We talked about saying thanks and so I feel that I must express what I am grateful for.

Gratitude #1 
My Sweet Family!

I am so grateful for my little family.  The times we get to spend together are so precious to me. I love watching Carter and Kathryn interact with each other.  They are starting to be little best buddies.  They giggle, play, find mischief, make messes, rearrange the furniture, and love each other. (Ask me how many times I've had to put the cushions back on the couch!)  I also love watching Kimball watch them!  Oh, how time will fly and he will soon be one of the active 3 Muskateers.  He follows them with his eyes and sometimes laughs out loud at what they do.  The other day we went to the library and I was reading "Are you my Mother?" and Carter and Kathryn were enthralled in the story, but Kimball was laughing hysterically every time I read "Are you my Mother?"  It was adorable!  Other people noticed the giggling and came to watch!  I was the story-time special guest.  I love being with my children, they bring me so much joy!  I also love when Chris gets to be home with us.  He is usually so busy with school and work, but when he is home we love it!  He makes the best breakfast on Saturday mornings.  He is such a good dad.  The kids beam when they see their dad.  Yes, my family is one of my most treasured blessings.  I am thankful for them!  

5 comments:

The Behunin Family Story said...

I love that idea. There is so much in life to be grateful for. I know that I am blessed. I am grateful to have such a wonderful friend like you!

Stella said...

I love this idea! I too will follow suit. Your family is so sweet. Love the picture!

andrew's mom said...

I love that idea too! Maybe I will shamelessly steal it-do you mind?

Standita's said...

Cute post, your children are so adorable! What did we do before our kids? I don't even remember. Nothing is better than watching them laugh and interact with one another.

Gertge Family said...

You are such a good girl & a great example. Love ya!