Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What an amazing speech!


Gratitude #3
Our great country. An opportunity for change. A leader who believes in America. An inspiring speech that highlighted our growth as a nation and acknowledged that the change will be difficult.  The road will be steep, but I believe with Obama's positive attitude and the American people's service, our great nation can stay great!  If you missed his speech, check it out here.

I know many people, especially here in Utah, may not have been a "fan" of Obama.  I loved what Megan said on her blog.  We need to get the facts!

Also a cute story:
Carter asked me yesterday after he had torn off my "I voted" sticker, who I voted for.  I told him Obama.  He said, "Is he the black guy or the blue guy?"  I was like, "what?"  We've never discussed color of skin and I was a little concerned about what he had been hearing.  He told me that he had learned about voting at pre-school.  He said that he wanted the blue guy to win. After some more clarification, he asked, "Did you vote for the guy in the black shirt or the blue shirt?" Oh!  He pulled out his "Weekly Reader" magazine from school and sure enough - there was McCain in a black shirt and Obama in the blue shirt.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I can't believe what a "bad" mother you are! I mean what kind of mother would just let their kids watch countless hours of TV, eat snacks all day and be neglected because you had another interest? Oh wait- that sounds just like me! You are so funny! I agree the speech was amazing, brought me to tears. Blaise said, "Mom, are you going to vote for Mr. Obama or Mr. McCain?" I said, "who are you going to vote for?" "Mr. Obama", he said. "Me too." I said. He said "you have to pick another one because I already picked him!"